Thursday, April 28, 2011

Last Minute Prep

Well, I am officially out. I felt like that dude from "The Godfather"..."just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in!" I was halfway home from work today when I realized that I had not submitted my time card. Turned the Murano around to get back to the office. Boot up the computer and fill out my time card. Well, when I went in, I took my backpack in with me as it had my badge and, well, it was force of habit. After submitting my timecard, I quickly shut down my laptop and made for the door. I got about a mile up Auto Mall when I find that I forgot my backpack at the office... Turn the car around, again, to go get my pack. Third times a charm and I was finally able to get home.

Started packing my internal side bags tonight as well as did some laundry and paid some bills. There is still some house work that I need to do but other that that, I'm ready to go. It looks like the storms that were over Chicago have calmed down a bit and this crazy tornado outbreak seems to be focused further south than I intend to travel. I still have about 5 days before I will be in the area so there is plenty of time for things to calm down even more.

Well, that's if for now. I will have another update tomorrow night then the next will hopefully be from Elko NV on Saturday evening.

C-YA

Update:



Packing some stuff to take along: tool kit, mini compressor and tire kit with gage, first aid kit, and motor oil. This will easily take up one of my bags...I am finding space is at a premium!!

Location:Fremont,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment